Now that you are part of a global community of 400 schools, it is really important that you complete your online profile on the Commonwealth School Enterprise Challenge website. Your profile is your way of connecting with other schools and showing the world how well you are doing. This is your chance to get global recognition as a leading entrepreneurial school! To celebrate your achievements, we are going to reward the schools with the best five profiles with a goody bag and certificate. So what are you waiting for? Visit http://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org and fill in your profile today!
Why should you fill in your profile?
Your profile is very important, and there are several reasons you should take the time to fill it out:
- The School Enterprise Challenge website is a place for all competing schools to get together and share their experiences. Your profile is the best way to tell everyone how well you’re doing.
- Your profile is one of the only ways that the School Enterprise Challenge team can keep updated with what you are doing. So make sure that you fill in all the information about your school, your enterprise and your students. Keeping a regular blog is also a good way to keep everyone updated, and you can provide a link to this through your profile.
- The five profiles that we judge to be the best will win Teach a Man to Fish goody bags! To be in with a chance of winning make sure that your profile is complete and that there are lots of interesting details!
How do you fill in your profile?
Everyone who has entered the competition will soon be receiving a ‘How To’ guide which will take you step by step through filling in your profile. However, it is quite easy. Just log into the School Enterprise Challenge website, select ‘edit my profile’, and then go through each of the six tabs, filling in the information that is asked for.
You will not have some of the information at the moment, but don’t worry. Some parts of the profile are designed to be filled in as you work through the competition.
Three top tips for filling in your profile!
- Include a link to your blog. In the coming weeks we will be providing you with guides to help you start a blog, and advice for blog writing. We suggest that you start a blog as soon as possible to record your progress from the very beginning of the competition. This will be very helpful when completing your final report. Including a link to your blog in your profile will allow other schools and the School Enterprise Challenge team to follow your progress.
- Under the section ‘Our Business’, you can explain how your enterprise will help people and help the planet. Filling in this section will allow you to really think about how your social enterprise will benefit the wider community, and will help guide you through the competition.
- The partner school section is really important if you would like to find a partner school. We will only start looking to find partner schools after you’ve submitted your business plans, however, if you fill in these details we will be able to help you find the kind of school that you would like to partner with.