We are delighted to announce that the Branding Mini-Competition 2019 is now open!
Branding plays a key role in the success of any business and your school business is no exception!
In this Mini-Competition we’re encouraging you to learn more about branding and to create some designs for your school business. Read on to find out more!
What is branding? How will it help your school business?
Branding is the identity of your business. It is a way of distinguishing yourself from the competitors and clarifying what it is you offer that makes you the better choice.
Businesses with good branding are more likely to attract customers and therefore make more profit.
How to take part in the Branding Mini-Competition?
Taking part in the Branding Mini-Competition is easy! Simply follow the 3 steps below:
- Get together as a team and do some research into branding
- Create some designs which will increase the ‘visibility’ of your school business
- If you don’t have one yet, we recommend starting with a logo (this task is ideal for schools taking part on the Bronze Level – more information lower down the page)
- If you already have a logo, why not design something new like a flyer to hand out to customers or a banner to put above your stall? (this task is ideal for schools taking part on the Silver Level and Gold Level – more information lower down the page)
- Send us a photo of what you have designed (logo or other piece of branding) by email to email@example.com or on WhatsApp to +44 7722 481 841 before Sunday 30th June.
Recommended for schools on the Bronze Level: Starting with a logo
A great place to start is to design a logo for your school business.
A logo acts as the ‘face’ of your school business and should appear on your product and advertising displays. It will often be the first thing your customers see and so should really convey your business’ unique identity!
Are you looking for inspiration for your own school business’ logo? You also read about the world’s most recognisable logos HERE.
You can also check out some of the best school business logos from 2018 HERE!
Recommended for schools on the Silver Level and Gold Level: Other branding materials
If you already have a logo for your school business, there is no need to re-design it.
Instead, we encourage your team to come up with other ways of making your brand more visible.
Over the years business teams have come up with all kinds of ways to show off their brand. Some of these include flyers (also known as ‘handouts’), banners and branded paper bags.
What will your team think of? Be as creative as you like!
Why take part in the Branding Mini-Competition?
Taking part in this Mini-Competition is a fun and practical way to teach your students about the importance of branding. They’ll have the chance to get creative and will also have to work as a team, developing skills in communication and cooperation in the process.
All business teams that participate will receive a Branding Badge to stick to their Dreams Poster and the best entries will be featured on the official School Enterprise Challenge Facebook page.
So what are you waiting for? Work on your branding and send it to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on WhatsApp to +44 7722 481 841 before Sunday 30th June 2019!